Skill Development and digital literacy project for Pravasi Shramiks
Skill Development and digital literacy project for pravasi shramiks
To provide livelihood opportunities to returning migrant workers, similarly affected rural citizens and unemployed unskilled/semi-skilled youth from BPL families. The principal objective of this Special Project for Skill Development would be to ensure a time-bound training and capacity building program for enabling a specific number of Migrant Workers and Unemployed persons from Below Poverty Line (BPL) families achieve financial stability through placement ensuring regular wage employment or self-employment.
The following states shall be covered under the project
- Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh
- Skill Mapping and Mobilization.
- Counseling and selection of Migrant Workers, Unemployed Persons from BPL families, and Women.
- Identifying and selecting Skill Development Training Centres and Computer Education Centres in the locality.
- Registration of Aspiring Candidates for admission in the Skill Development Courses.
- Registration of Women Workers in women-specific trades.
- Registration for admission under Digital Literacy, Computer Education Courses.
- Evaluation, monitoring, and Reporting.
- After completion of training, starting of Placement Counselling with govt and non-govt sector organizations.
- Counseling for self-employment and bank linkage to start self- employment projects.
- Final Evaluation and Reporting.
Eligibility of Training Partners
- ITIs/Engg Colleges/Educational Institutions.
- Vocational Training Institutes.
- LLPs/Skill Development Companies.
- Trusts/VOs/Cooperative Organisations with training facilities.
The Training Centres should be competent and fully equipped to give training in the following trades/streams, should be specialized in Bridge Courses :
- Fitter/Welder/Plumber/Electrical repairing.
- Mobile/Laptop/Desktop Repairing.
- Electronics Equipment Repair/Maintenance.
- Tailoring/Embroidery/Handicrafts making.
- Lab Technician/Dental/Pharmacy Assistant.
- Crane/Dumper operator/Tractor Operator.
- Medical Sales Representative/Pest Controller.
- Data Entry Operator.
- Energy Meter Technician/Lineman.
- Salesman/Store Assistant/Office Boy/Front Office/Home Delivery Boy/Customer Care Executive.
- Security Guard/Security Supervisor.
- Solar PV Installer/Mobile Tower Technician.
- E-waste Collector.
- Animal Health, Worker/Dairy, Farmer/Bee Keeper/Floriculturist/Gardener/Shrimp Farmer/Warehouse worker.
100-150 Hours. Time limit for each class generally should be 1-2 Hours. Remember- it’s not full time course, but bridge course. Training Centres will have to restructure their course modules.
Criteria for Training Centre
For selection of training Centre, the following criteria will be taken into consideration-
- Training Infrastructure(Lab, Classroom and IT facilities)
- Training Kits and Equipments
- Skilled Trainers and support staff
- Access Control Facilities
- Expertise and Capacity in organising Placement events
- Expertise and capacity in self-employment and bank linkage for new start ups.
Each Training Centre can Enrol 500-1000 candidates from counselling and skill-mapping.
The Training Centre will take full responsibility for placement/self-employment of the candidates after completion of Bridge Course.
The ratio for placement and self- employment will be 50:50 basis. In case of difficulty in fulfilling the placement ratio the PIA can help find placement upon request by the Training Centre.
Release of Funds
- After enrollment: 40%
- After Assessment, Evaluation and Completion : 40%
- After Placement/Self-Employment : 20%
For more details feel free to get in touch with us.
Contact No: +91-9304916746